Monday, August 24, 2009

Letting Go. 8/9/09

At the beach, I am blessed.

Read my pieces blog or u may not get today's insightful epiphany....so, based on recent life, I spend time trying to sort thru the myriad of emotions intricately intwined in divorce/life. My walks on the beach allow me peace & introspection to truly seek God's will in my life & freedom to express anger, frustration, regret, loss, failure, fear, even relief, joy, expectation,happiness freedom to trust in who I am & who I hope to become for myself & my kids.

In my efforts to find "beauty in the pieces" that I so often blog about, I was picking up the reminders God always provides along the shoreline. My hands were getting full & I dropped a piece. I quickly turned around to retrieve it. That still, small voice said, "No. Let that go." This contradicts all that God has shown me, right? No.

Once again, the big man upstairs enlarges the picture. You see, we are to find the beauty in the pieces-whether that be happiness, joy, blessings or pain, anguish, loss...there is beauty to be found in life (pieces) that makes us who we are. Herein lies today's lesson in faith-trusting every piece has a purpose. Not hanging on so tightly & carrying armloads with us through life. At some point, it becomes a heavy, difficult burden. Not only that, how do we continue to see the beauty in the pieces left much less pick them up to see? There comes the time where the lesson is learned, the purpose realized. At that point, we must make room for more...we must let go. In this realization, I took all the pieces I was carrying & realized my load has been heavy for quite some time & I'm missing the beauty God has for me NOW. Each piece, I saw a lesson learned, my heart broken, a forfeited marriage, provisional struggles, lack of faith, fear, loss, expectations unmet, even low self worth. I reminded myself that His word is true & never comes back void. I can let go, have faith & move on to what He has NOW. I threw every piece out there & walked forward ready to pick up more... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment