Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pieces...again 9/1/09

As I walked along the shore today, I picked up, as usual, pieces of sand dollars. As you have read in my previous blogs, God has really used this as a catalyst in my life to increased discernment, peace and wisdom. I had collected maybe 7 or 8 pieces and as usual, in the back of my mind/heart, I was hoping for a sign - for a whole sand dollar.

I felt like I spend so much time looking for the "pieces" that I miss so many blessings. I force myself to analyze every detail, every path, to ensure I miss nothing. But, in that, I miss everything at times. To learn that sometimes, the search is futile because what piece brings PEACE is right in front of you not to the right or to the left. You have to just stand still and pay attention. Human nature sends our eyes darting in every direction, alot of times, not seeing what is being provided right in front of you.

All the sudden, I felt like it was time to let go of the pieces analogy and realize that lesson is learned, that message received. It is time to move forward, certain that the plan is unfolding - even when it seems it is all falling apart. :-)

1 comment:

  1. OH Love this! Been learning this same thing sister!! There is a verse in Exodus that has recently spoken to me about standing still. Very powerful: "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you. you need only to be still." Exodus 14:13-14 - intrestingly enough I wrote a blog on this subject this week. I love when God speakes!

    ReplyDelete